Job Type: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: £35,000 to £55,000+ pa DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week. No OOHs
Location: Ashford, Kent
Job ref: 557
Here at Vetfinders we are helping practices find their next hire. This exciting practice has a new opportunity for a motivated, Small Animal bias, Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
If you are an individual who is commitment to developing and growing both yourself and the clients, then come and join an independent mixed animal practice in Kent.
- No OOH
- Full Time – Mon, Tues, Wed & Friday 8.45am – 6.30pm
- 1:3 Saturday mornings 9am -12pm.
- RCVS Registered required
- Current UK driving licence required
The practice is looking for a Veterinary surgeon with at least 3 years’ experience, who is confident within their own diagnostic abilities and confident in all routine small animal surgeries, also who are looking for sole charge experience.
Ideally full time is preferred, but 2 part time vets will be considered who are willing to job share. Farm animal experience would be an advantage but small animal bias would be fine. We are offering a competitive salary and CPD package, insurance covered and pension and as we are completely independent, hours and salary are very much negotiable.
It is imperative that you are an exceptional team player, with fantastic communication skills and an excellent sense of humour.
Typical tasks at the clinic are listed below:
- Handling, examining and treating small animals.
- Meeting and consulting with clients regarding their pets’ welfare.
- Carrying out tests such as x-rays, blood samples and ultrasound scans.
- Giving advice to clients regarding their animals’ health and well-being, such as nutrition and breeding.
- Immunising animals against different types of disease.
- Euthanising sick animals.
- Performing all routine surgery, including managing anaesthesia.
- Providing suitable paperwork for animals travelling abroad if recognised OV, as well as inserting identification microchips.
- Maintaining up-to-date client records.
- Liaising with, and referring to, other professionals within the industry.
- Promoting the surgery to potential clients.
- Data Protection – to ensure that data quality and integrity is maintained and that data is processed in accordance with all current legislation i.e., the General Data Protection Regulations, the Freedom of Information Act and any other legislation.
- Health and Safety – all employees have responsibilities under The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. These responsibilities are laid out in the ‘Employees Health and Safety Handbooks’.
- Additional duties – to undertake any additional duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required from time to time.
This would not suit a new graduate, as a minimum of 3-year experience is preferred
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications from candidates requiring sponsorship.
This practice provides excellence in all aspects of pet care. With many years of experience in the veterinary sector, the team has a genuine passion for animal health. They aspire to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient care
- VDS & RCVS membership fees included
- Company pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Generous employee discount
- CPD allowance (more funding is available for relevant qualifications)
- 4 weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Membership to 1 other professional body
- Use of Company car
We are a lovely, very friendly independent, mixed animal clinic, in a beautiful and rural area. We have good transport links and an extensive client base.
What makes us different…?
- Customer focus – Listening to customers impartially and attentively. Ascertaining the needs and wants of customers and partners, and then applying the relevant procedures.
- Motivation – Motivated by change and pioneers’ initiatives. Gladly works in the forefront of operations. Able to work with uncertainty, investigating and researching issues and situations to discover new opportunities and maximise benefits.
- Relationships – Interacting with others courteously, seeking to understand their perspective and to promote positive outcomes. Encouraging colleagues to behave enthusiastically and innovatively.
- Performance – Working effectively with colleagues and with external partners to achieve shared objectives and produce the required results.
This is a chance to be involved in a growing practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do
Be 1st … Apply now!
VetFinders Supports Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.