Job Type: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon (NEW or RECENT GRAD)
Salary: £31,000 to £50,000+ pa DOE
Hours: 47 hours per week, with on call rota and 1 in 5 weekends on rota.
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Job ref: 535
Recently graduated or looking for the next exciting step in your career?
VetFinders are currently recruiting for a wonderfully independent practice in Bedford, looking for a full time Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon, with immediate effect.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or new graduate, but applications from experienced Vets are also welcomed.
- We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient and client care. This is a permanent, full-time position.
- The practice veterinary team work a 3-tier rota. Tier 1 is staffed by our on-call veterinary team. They work a 1:5 rota which is a mixture of days, lates, nights, weekends and generous day’s off (currently based on 47hrs per week, on average – which includes all OOH’s).
- We find this provides a good balance between time in the building, for case continuity and time off. This team is fully supported by our senior vets and Clinical Directors who provide ‘back-up’ OOH’s support by phone and in person, if required.
- The on-call vet and veterinary nurse stay on-site for the duration of their shift, with use of our on-site self-contained accommodation. This tier would suit a new or recently graduated vet, looking to gain experience and grow in confidence in a broad range of disciplines with the reassurance they have the experienced support on-hand when they need it, during the day and OOH’s.
- All Tier 1 vets’ duties are carried out at our main hospital and not at the branches.
- Consistency of care is really important to us and the rota system we have in place regularly enables the clinical team to follow through care from admit to discharge.
- But it’s not all about the work, is it? We believe it’s just as important to feel part of the team outside of work too. Our social committee, annual rounders match, Christmas parties and baking extravaganza’s help to do just that and it’s entirely your choice as to how much or how little you’d like to get involved.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- CPD encouraged and funded, both clinical and personal development
- Further certificates encouraged
- Very competitive salary based upon experience
- Holidays entitlement 28 days, including bank holidays (pro-rata). Increasing by 1 day every 2 years of employment (pro- rata)
- Company Pension Scheme
- VDS Cover
- After successful completion of the 6-month probationary period – monthly contribution towards pet insurance & gym membership, annual allowance towards veterinary care,
- After 6 months you will also be invited to join BUPA Private Healthcare where after 5 years of continuous employment the monthly subscription is paid for by the business.
About the practice:
The practice is an independent and established practice in the town of Bedford. Since 1955 the practice has over the years evolved and today is proud to be a Small Animal Veterinary Hospital that provides comprehensive 1st and 2nd opinion care to a varied caseload of companion animals as well as exotics.
With 2 satellite branches, each within 15 minutes’ drive from the main hospital, the experienced team of over 50 staff provide 24-hour, and emergency care as well as general surgery and consultations, in purpose-built facilities.
Digital radiography (including dental), brand new state of the art echo & ultrasound, endoscopy, separate wards for different species including isolation, in-house laboratory, on-site hydro-physiotherapy aquatic treadmill, plus many other usual toys.
The practice offers mentoring, guidance and reassurance combined with a comprehensive induction phase, which helps to provide all new recruits and newly graduated veterinary professionals with the necessary tools needed to apply their theory and gain confidence in their own ability, all with a good helping of clinical freedom – from customer service and client interaction to ECC, medicine, diagnostics and surgery, they feel a great induction is the key to great future success in the veterinary world! Progression within your field is encouraged and nurtured here too.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
Be 1st … Apply now!
Supporting Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders