Fancy working in an Independent Group for a great salary with No OOH’s!
Salary starting from £40,000 pa. More experienced Vets, discussed at interview, DOE
Hours: Full Time, flexible hours per week. No OOH’s
25 days Annual leave + bank holidays, staff discounts, pension scheme and more!
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Job ref: 632
At Vetfinders we are helping practices grow and find their next hire. A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced, motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join this group of practices in their Portsmouth practice
- 4 days per week
- No OOHs
- Mon – Fri: 8am – 7pm
- 1:4 Weekends Saturday 8-4pm, closed Sundays
- VDS & RCVS membership fees included
- Sick pay
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Generous employee discount
- £1500 allowance and 5 Cpd days (more funding available for relevant qualifications)
- Annual leave is 25 days plus bank holidays
- Mental health awareness training
- The Vet – Values in Actions Awards
- Mindful Living Courses
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Friday’s
- Potential for relocation assistance
- Bike to work scheme
They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Vet to join the team in delivering the highest quality, 5* care to their clients and patients.
We are a purpose-built practice which opened 3 years with beautiful facilities and new equipment. As we continue to grow and take on new clients, we are continuing to expand our team and recruit new vets and nurses.
We have a separate cat and dog ward, diagnostic x-ray, dental with Nomad radiography and 2 theatres. We have an experienced vet who has special interest in exotics, so we see also see a lot of exotic animals in particular tortoises, bearded dragons and geckos and even had a small monkey last week. We are a four-vet team and are looking for a 5th Vet to join our expanding practice.
We pride ourselves on gold standard care which focuses on early diagnosis to ensure we deliver the optimum treatment and support colleagues through shared learning and experience.
This group of practices provide excellence in all aspects of pet care. With many years of experience in the veterinary sector, the teams have a genuine passion for animal health. They aspire to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient care.
This could suit a relatively newly qualified individual, as support is provided.
What make them different…?
- Team ethic – We make sure that our whole team can enjoy a great work life balance, we always put the wellbeing of our staff first and have worked hard on our recruitment over the past 6 months ensuring that we have the right team in place, we have a great team spirit with a brilliant can-do attitude.
- Day to day – We are a busy hospital setting practice, where no day is the same. The nurses here get a great amount of responsibility and are a valued part of the practice. It is important that the nurses get to explore their desired skill set, whether that be laboratory work, schedule three procedures or inpatient care and we actively encourage our nurses to further develop in these areas.
- Support team – We are lucky enough to have a great reception team and support from VCAs so nurses get to concentrate more on actual nursing!
- Our Culture – We have worked hard over the past 6 months in getting the “right” team members in, we make sure that everybody is given a voice no matter what position and that we operate not under a blame culture but a training and development one.
- The Practice – The main selling points are our bespoke facilities and the team itself, we pride ourself on having a very welcoming team with a great work culture and we encourage personal development.
Founded in Bristol 2013 by their Chief Product Officer, Jane Baldwin RVN, The Vet was born with the belief that veterinary healthcare should be made accessible to everyone. Over the past 6 years they have grown to 9 clinics across the UK with the latest clinic opening in Portsmouth 2018.
They want to do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. They believe in making a positive change to the pet health industry by offering their clients exceptional care and support, 7 days a week with fair and value pricing. Their team are available during the weekday, evenings and weekends with walk-in and appointments to suit your schedule.
This is a great chance to be involved in a group of practices surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do.
Be 1st … Apply now!
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.