Fancy working a 4-day week, with No Out of Hours
Hour’s average 42 hrs pw, Part Time available. 1:7 Weekends
Salary starting from £45,000 pa. Experienced Vets, substantially more, discussed at interview, DOE
Holidays start at 7 weeks per year with great benefits
Veterinary Surgeons wanted!!
Location: Hook Norton, Oxfordshire
Job ref: 603
At Vetfinders we are helping practices grow and find their next hire. A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced, motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join this small animal practice in Hook Norton, Oxfordshire.
- Full Time Hours (Part Time considered)
- 4 days, 8am to 6.30pm = 42 hours per week
- 1:7 weekend, days only
- No OOH’s
The practice is purpose built with a good range of modern equipment to assist you. They have a progressive team, open to new ideas and take pride in offering a high standard of care to their clients and patients.
The role requires both on-site work at the busy Hospital in Hook Norton and sole charge at Branch, with realistic 15-minute consults.
They strive to provide outstanding care for all of their patients and exceptional customer service, to achieve this, they have a dedicated in-house Night Team. Shift patterns are negotiable, and accommodation is available if needed.
You will need the ability to formulate and carry out a clinical plan. You will be able to develop your veterinary skills in any chosen field of interest, in a very supportive environment.
This practice has a large client base, providing you with a full and varied caseload, offering plenty of opportunities for you to further your surgical and medical experience.
A minimum of 2 years’ UK experience is essential, but 3 years plus is preferred.
VDS Paid, CPD is 1 week/£1,500 per year, Holidays start at 7 weeks per year (inc. bank holidays) and increases with length of service, Private Medical Insurance, Generous Staff Discount Scheme, paid RCVS & VDS, Structured career pathway – from Graduate up to Director Level, encourage certificates, Flexible working pattern, Access to all XL Vet resources and initiatives, Supportive wellbeing program and active sustainability group.
40 years established, founding member of XL Vets, offer Equine, Farm and Small. They are owned and managed by 5 Directors who are all practising Vets so they are fully immersed in the daily operations of the business. This makes HNVG both agile and responsive.
They have a growing team, all providing excellent support, contributing to the growth of the team and the practice.
Vets: 1 Director, 1 Associate Director, 3 Senior Vets, 10 Vets & 3 Night Vets,
RVN’s: 1 Head Nurse, 1 Senior Nurse, 13 RVN’s & 2 Night Nurses
SVN’s: 5 Students
ACA’s: 5 Assistants
Receptionist’s: 2 Head Receptionists & 14 Receptionists
What makes them different?
- The bedrock of our business is the care of the animals we treat. From the smallest to the biggest, we will endeavour to seek out the best treatments, deliver them timely, and ensure that the animals always come first.
- The most important investment we have is our staff. We promise to do our best for them, encouraging them to develop & harness their ambitions. We take the well-being of our staff very seriously and are committed to making changes that will enable everyone to “work happy” using our ‘Thriving in Practice’ Team.
- We take time to understand our team and their needs, so much so that we have Vets returning to Practice having left the industry due to work/life balance which we can now accommodate.
- We also introduced our own dedicated night team; we recognised the importance of providing our own OOH to our clients and balancing this with working hours for our Vets.
What makes them stand out?
- We are a large, progressive, fiercely independent vets practice working to a gold standard and we are continuously developing our software and technology to make us more efficient.
- Having a dedicated ‘back office’ team consisting of marketing, projects, HR, finance and Practice Management helps us stand out from the crowd and allows the Vets to be Vets.
- We are committed to being sustainable and have a team dedicated to lowering our environmental impact in innovative ways.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a growing independent practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do.
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.