Role: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon, with 10% Equine
Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire
Hours: Permanent, 40 hours per week, 4.5 day week, 1 in 6 on call rota
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience £35-55k per annum
VetFinders have a fantastic opportunity in Wetherby, West Yorkshire for a 90% Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon, with 10% equine.
· This practice is a small animal and Equine independent and very proud to be so.
· The role is due to pure growth and expanding the team.
· This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Vet with 2 or more years qualified (preferred)
· Areas of specialism are welcomed and encouraged
· Development and progression really is encouraged.
· This practice wants to speak to likeminded individuals, who are looking for a move to further their experience and knowledge.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Friendly, experienced and supportive environment, with regular mentoring
- 15 min consults with ample time for case work up
- Full clinical freedom with autonomy encouraged
- Exceptionally well equipped: digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, laparoscopy, needle arthroscopy, PRP and Stem cell treatment, bipolar and monopolar electrocautery, orthopaedic toys including hand drill and oscillating saw, plating kit, tibial advancement and other cruciate repair kits, surgical optical loop, ophthalmic surgery kit, digital dental x-ray, Laser, high quality in-house laboratory with direct links to Idexx lab locally
- Generous CPD allowance with opportunities for progression
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, package can include car and accommodation if required
We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient and client care. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, this is not essential. A strong sense of team work is essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be competent in both small animal and equine practice.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis at 40 hours per week, typically a 4.5 days week, 1 in 6 on call rota.
This role is supported by a wonderful team of RVNs, utilised in their full capacity, the team work extremely hard, and are very experienced, capable and generally excellent.
This practice is looking for someone to join the team who loves being a vet, and who wants to do their best for their patients and clients, who can deliver excellent customer and animal care, whilst loving every part of their day doing the job they love.
About the practice:
Our client is a well established and busy independent practice. 90% Small animal and 10% Equine.
The practice is a fast paced, forward thinking, and focuses on development, boasts excellent modern facilities and a great team environment. The practice currently has a team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 RVNs, and a wonderful supporting team of assistants, receptionists and Accounts team.
The location of the practice is in beautiful, Wetherby, on the outskirts of Leeds and York, with good transport links to the city as well as the countryside.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regard to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in= accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.