Job Type: Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: £32,000 to £60,000+ pa DOE
Hours: 4 days per week. No OOHs
Location: Staines-Upon-Thames, London
Job ref: 1539
Here at Vetfinders we are helping this group of practices find their next hire. This independent practice is growing and has a new opportunity for a confident, experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their team and lead one of their branch surgeries.
If you are looking to work for a multi-site practice that is going places and where you will be valued, supported and encouraged to achieve your professional goals then come and join this proudly independent 100% small animal practice in the Middlesex/West London area.
· Excellent work/life balance,
· 4-day week with fixed day off each week
· 8.30am – 7pm, with no more than one shift a week 7.30am – 6pm (if at Staines)
· 1:3 Saturday’s 8am – 5pm, Sunday’s 9am – 4pm
· 1:9 evening rota until 9.30pm.
· Vets Now located on site. No OOH’s
· Some sole charge if at one of the branches
· Accommodation available short term
· Driving Licence essential
You will predominantly be based at Addlestone branch and will be expected to sometimes help at the Staines-Upon-Thames Hospital and surrounding branches. Your routine would consist of conducting consults, dealing with inpatients. Operations are done if located at Staines. Consults and operations are also conducted at their branches
Your responsibilities will include:
- Routine small animal (dogs, cats, small mammals and occasional exotics) consults
- Routine surgeries (neutering, dentals, mass removals)
- Recommending preventative Health Care to clients
- An opportunity to workup cases to referral standard with support of senior vet
This would not suit new graduates as 2-3+ years’ experience is preferred.
· RCVS, BVA & VDS membership fees included
· £1500 CPD/5 days
· Employee pet care allowance
· 4 weeks holiday plus statutory days per year
They are an 8-site independent practice based around Staines-Upon-Thames. This role would be based at their Addlestone practice. They are looking for someone with at least two/three year’s UK experience to work a 4-day week based at the Addlestone surgery but with opportunity to spend time at their hospital site in Staines.
The Addlestone branch runs as a two Vet FTE practice and is supported by one RVN and two SVNs. The branch has kennel facilities, a large operating theatre, dental equipment, digital radiography (fixed and dental) and an ultrasound machine. Addlestone and other branches are supported by Staines which in addition has a complete in-house laboratory, laparoscopy, endoscopy (both flexible and rigid) and CT Scanner onsite too. ANAs travel between sites to collect bloods daily.
The Vet team is comprised of 15 vets with a range of experience including post graduate certificates (Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, Dermatology) and AVP status. CPD including certificate study is actively encouraged and they have other colleagues studying for internal medicine and cardiology certificates. With the equipment that they and experience within the team they are fortunate to be able to work cases up to a high level both medically and surgically, keeping 95% of the cases in house rather than referring. Senior Vets within the practice will support others with cases.
The practice acts as a host practice for Vets Now who are based at Staines overnight and at weekends/bank holidays. Therefore, there is an equal rota of one vet working later each weekday at Staines until 9.30pm, to provide continuity of care to our practice clients and allowing exposure to ECC cases, at which point Vets Now take over the OOH care and management of the in-patients overnight. Evening duties, weekends and Saturday mornings are done on a rota basis.
What make them different…?
· This is an independent group based around Staines upon Thames.
· They encourage all vets to work cases up to a gold standard and encourage involvement with the case even if support/assistance is required from senior vets so that staff can further develop their skills.
· They are well equipped with digital Xray, dental Xray, ultrasound (with a mobile unit that can be used at branches), flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopy and a CT scanner onsite with offsite access to MRI.
· They have several certificate holders (surgery, dermatology, diagnostic imaging) and we actively encourage certificate study.
· They rarely refer cases externally and encourage staff development.
This is a great chance to be involved in a growing independent practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do
Be 1st … Apply now!
Supporting Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders