Fancy working in an Independent Practice, in a great location?
Experienced Veterinary Surgeon (new and recent graduates also considered)
Salary: starting from £39,000 to £50,000 pa. discussed at interview, DOE
Hours: Full Time / Part time considered
Location: North Tawton, Devon
Job ref: 713
At Vetfinders we are helping an Independent mixed practice in Devon find their next hire. They have a new opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic Small Animal Vet to join their team.
- Consulting and surgical duties across three well-equipped branches, with the support of an experienced team of qualified RVNs.
- Working hours are 8:30 – 17:30, with a 1-hour lunch break. Routine consults are given 15 minutes duration, with the last consult appointment at 17:15.
- OOHs/On-Call Rota: The practice is proud to provide their own OOH service to their clients within the local community. This is currently at a rate of 2 weekends (Friday night through to Monday morning) and 8 weeknights (Monday-Thursday) in 11 weeks for full time equivalent, with 1 day off per fortnight. There is no other Saturday work.
- Full or Part Time discussed
- RCVS, VDS & BVA membership and one other professional body membership
- CPD allowance state amount. CPD exceeding this value will always be considered, for example funding post-graduate qualifications (Certificates, Diplomas, etc).
- Employee discounts
- Pension scheme
- Relocation package for the right candidate
This practice has an opportunity for a new colleague to join them at their mixed, independent, RCVS accredited practice with three fully equipped surgeries in beautiful rural mid-Devon. Dartmoor National Park is on your doorstep, with the beaches of North Devon, Cornwall and The South Hams within striking distance.
This practice provides excellence in all aspects of patient and client care. They require an understanding, enthusiastic and patient team player. You must be confident and capable of carrying out surgical and medical procedures.
The successful candidate will benefit from the clinical freedom enjoyed by being an independent practice. You will be a motivated and passionate individual, working seamlessly alongside our team to provide high quality veterinary care and a fantastic client service.
You will be free to workup and manage your own clinical cases and enjoy building your own client base, whilst benefitting from the support of our experienced team, with whom case discussion and collaboration are encouraged.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience is preferred, but a new graduate candidate with the right character, ability, and positive attitude will be considered. The practice has a proven track record of mentoring and supporting new graduates (many of whom remain at the practice, with multiple years of service). The practice is an RCVS Approved Graduate Development Practice (VetGDP).
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in an independent practice, surrounded by a motivated supportive team, helping you to do the work you are trained to do.
Do you want to get back to enjoying the aspects of being a vet that you love?
Do you want genuine work-life balance?
Then come and join this forward-thinking vibrant practice.
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Compassion and empathy
- Effective decision-making ability
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- The ability to problem solve