Role: Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: Competitive, £31,500+ per annum. Depending on experience
Hours: Permanent, Full time (Part Time considered), 1:4 Saturday, No OOHs
Location: Swadlincote, Derbyshire
VetFinders are happy to be recruiting for a wonderfully independent practice in the heart of the beautiful National Forest. This practice is well established in the local area and boosts a close-knit team of experienced veterinary professionals.
The practice is looking to add to their team due to growth and expansion as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new grad or an experienced Vet, looking to join an expanding team, and ever-increasing case load. If you are a Vet looking for an independent practice with a supportive team, look no further!
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary dependant on experience £31,500-50k+ per annum
- RCVS/ VDS paid
- CPD allowance – from £2500 per annum
- Full private medical cover, cash plan & life assurance
- Generous holidays (28 days including BH per annum rising with increased service time)
- Relocation package available if required too
As a Veterinary Surgeon, you will need to be able and comfortable with a mixture of consultations and surgical procedures expected in a general practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, this is not essential, but preferred.
This role is being offered on a permanent basis, with full time hours worked are over 4 or 5 days. With No OOHs and a 1 in 4 Saturday rota.
Development and progression are important to the practice, as they grow and evolve, but finding the right person is key. The practice is looking for someone to work with the existing clients, and deliver their high excellent standard of patient and client care.
For new grads, they understand how scary it is out in the big wide world of vetting and how important your first 12months of development are (and after that for that matter). So, the structured induction and training approach will ensure you have the support you need when you need it.
The team currently have strong work ethics to ensure quality and effective work is carried out to gain the best overall satisfied results for the patient and the client.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Compassion and empathy
- Effective decision-making ability
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- The ability to problem solve
About the practice:
The practice is a successful and well-established practice, holding an excellent reputation. This family feel practice is very proud to be independent and their commitment to their quality in service still remains unchanged and unaltered everyday ever since the start.
They run a well organised ship! Making sure there is time in the diary for clinical meetings, appropriately timed consults, fair sharing of ops and consult blocks…oh and you will get a 1-hour lunch break pretty much every shift! They are keen to invest in people, so protect time in the daily diary for clinical meetings, in-house training and monthly one-to-one catch ups.
The practice is committed to providing clients with the best possible, affordable healthcare for their beloved pets, whilst delivering an excellent service and experience, that is recognisable from others.
Why you will love working at Bright Side Vets….
- it’s a given that they have all the toys to enable you to perform your job to the best of your abilities.
- It’s a given they have an amazing team; you wouldn’t get past a probationary period if we weren’t the right fit for you or you weren’t the right fit for them. Their team host a wide variety of interests, experience and hair styles…
- It’s a given that they have lovely clients – but are not shy about sacking a client if they are rude! With that said they pride themselves on customer service and retention for case continuity. The client care is what makes them different to others – high clinical standards are a given but excellence in customer service is where practice shines.
The team consists currently of 4 Vets, 5 RVN, 3 VCAs and supportive receptionists; lots of experience to learn from and ask for advice.
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Maybe this role is not suitable for yourself but you know Veterinary professional that is! If you are interested in helping them, find their dream job by referring them to VetFinders. We would be very grateful and as a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role. Please contact us for more information.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.