Job Type: Veterinary Care Assistant
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: £16,000+ pa, DOE
Hours: Full Time, No OOH’s
As part of our clients on-going expansion, they are looking to hire several Veterinary Care Assistants to join their friendly, approachable, and professional branch team in the Cardiff area.
They are looking for someone who is confident, empathic, and compassionate to reflect the high standards of care they provide for their clients.
You must be resourceful, perceptive, and proactive. Experience of working within a veterinary practice as a VCA is required.
The VCA’s role consists of:
· Welcoming new arrivals,
· Provide first-class care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding and grooming.
· Administer some treatments including injections, tablets, drips and blood transfusions.
· Perform diagnostic tests, e.g., Blood sampling, urine analysis and x-rays
· Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
· Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g., Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
· Assist Nurses and Veterinary surgeons with operations.
· Other general admin duties.
You will need to have:
- A Veterinary Care Assistant Level 2 diploma or equivalent
- Experience in veterinary industry
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Compassion and empathy when dealing with clients.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
· Company discounts.
· Discounts on veterinary products and services.
· Up to 5 weeks a year holiday + Bank Holidays.
· Company Pension Scheme.
This independent practice provides excellence in all aspects of pet care. With many years of experience in the veterinary sector, the team has a genuine passion for animal health.
They aspire to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient care.
This would suit someone with the aspirations of becoming a Registered Veterinary Nurse.
*****COVID 19 PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE WITHIN THE PRACTICE*******
Interested? So, be first. Apply now!
Job ref: 1
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and Good luck, VetFinders.