Ever dreamt of a life in New Zealand?
To work in a beautiful part of the world, where work-life balance really is guaranteed?
Veterinary Surgeons – We’re hiring – come join our practice in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands.
Experienced veterinary surgeon or just recently qualified, for us it’s about you. Yes, we need you to be qualified, and experience would be a benefit but we are looking for someone who wants to invest in themselves, their development, and progression into helping us build a practice that marvels at the cutting edge of Veterinary Care.
A proudly independent practice, offering a full-time, permanent, or fixed-term contract, with flexible days to suit you. Whether you want to work 4 or 5 days per week, this practice is fortunate to accommodate, individual needs, offering flexibility as required. This is a new role so the job can be adapted to suit you.
If you are ambitious, with a desire to grow professionally – they can help you achieve that.
If you are looking for plenty of surgical work or simply looking to develop your surgical skills – they can support that, as they have a high surgical caseload, and a wealth of surgical experience to learn from.
If full clinical autonomy is important to you– they ensure they see cases from beginning to end, you will have this.
If it is a supportive team of veterinary professionals, from experienced vets to an amazing network of veterinary nurses you want to have– here is a team that is at the top of its game. The opportunity to share best practices, notes, case discussions, and much more.
When it comes to weekends and out-of-hours, the rota will be based on 1 weekend in 5, all weekends are supported by a wonderfully skilled Vet nurse. On-call, weekdays will be occasional.
The need for this role is through growth, expansion, and demand in services, this is an exciting opportunity for a veterinary surgeon at any level to explore, develop and grow, living in New Zealand, and experiencing all that this beautiful country has to offer.
Don’t just take our word for it, read about what the current team has to say and about working at this practice:
- “I’ve spent years looking for a great boss to work for, multiple practices later, I feel like I’ve
finally found that. Paula and her whole team are such supportive, positive, and hard-working
group. I couldn’t wish for a better place to work.” Jen Veterinarian
- “You are all like a family to me and such a big part of my life. Watching and experiencing Phoenix expand and blossom into what it is today has given me so much happiness and pride. It’s been an amazing experience, and I’ve learned so much from working with such an amazing team.” Kelsi, Vet Nurse
- “Paula makes incredible morning tea” Everyone!
- “As a nursing student and now officially a member of the team, Phoenix Animal Wellness has been amazing to work for. This team is truly fantastic and has welcomed me with open arms and such kind-heartedness. I especially love that everyone is always wanting to learn and try new things within the profession.” Lily, Vet Nurse
- “Being a part of team Phoenix means thriving in a team that shares a passion and drive for veterinary excellence. A team that supports and motivates each other to continually learn and develop, to be the best version of ourselves.” Sam, Practice Manager
- “I don’t see my teammates at Phoenix Animal Wellness just in a professional manner, I see them as part of my family. There is that perfect balance of skills, knowledge, and experience mixed with fun, laughter, and amazing teamwork. I love coming to work every day, knowing that I have continuous support, a diverse range of interesting cases to be involved in, and access to ever-evolving veterinary equipment and systems, that aim to improve patient outcomes and help me achieve my goal of being the best veterinary nurse I can be.” Donna, Head Nurse
To accompany this amazing role, is a salary and benefits package that will make you smile.
- Salaries: Are dependent on experience, ( $80,000-$100,000) offering a good base salary then out of hours is paid at a separate daily/ hourly rate. This means that you are paid very generously when on call and for any call outs you may have. There is always a nurse on call to assist you and help with inpatients.
- New Zealand Vet Council fees and NZ Vet Association subscriptions are paid for.
- A relocation package to any overseas veterinarians, including flights, visa costs, assistance with finding accommodation and other expenses
- Access to free private healthcare insurance.
- Paid continual profession development.
- Staff discounts on products and services.
- Fresh homemade cake for morning tea, nearly every day!
Still interested to find out more about the practice itself, keep reading…
The Bay of Islands is a beautiful location in the sub-tropical far north of New Zealand. The area offers quiet beaches, heaps of watersports and fishing, as well as tramping, horse riding, and all the other outdoor activities you would expect from an area of unspoiled natural beauty.
This practice prides itself on offering exceptional standards of care and skills and services not available elsewhere in their geographical area. They are growing rapidly, so this role may develop as the practice evolves.
It’s an independent, companion animal practice, established less than 2 years ago, offering a range of referral and specialist services, as well as first opinion general practice. Growing and developing to become well known and respected in the local and wider area.
The current team is made up of 4 vets, all pursuing their own interests and passions, and as such developing new services for the clinic, fully supported by an excellent team of veterinary nurses. Many have relocated from the UK themselves.
The practice offers Referral Orthopaedics, Advanced reproduction work including TCI, Acupuncture, Hip & Elbow scoring, BOAS surgery, and other referral soft tissue surgeries to name a few.
In terms of equipment within the practice, you will find everything you expect in a modern clinic, plus fantastic extras such as Imagyst, SignalPet and Phovia.
If you feel this vacancy is something of interest to you, we would love to hear from you.
To make an application:
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.