Are you a small animal veterinary surgeon looking to join an independent practice offering flexible hours to suit you?
Based in York, North Yorkshire this practice is proudly independent and understands that work-life balance is key.
Experienced veterinary surgeon, general practice, small animal only
- Permanent, full-time, or part-time ( flexibility on hours minimum of 20 per week)
- 1 in 4 weekends (Saturday) and 1 in 4 out-of-hours or on call
- Salary from £40,000 per annum, depending on experience. Totally negotiable, and pro rata for reduced hours
- Your day will be a combination of consulting, operating, and working up medical cases and can be adapted to the individual team members’ preference, working to people’s interests
- You will be qualified, hold RCVS accreditation, and have proof of your right to work in the UK
- The days are scheduled, with regular breaks, morning and afternoon consultations, with dedicated time for surgeries
- Ideally a minimum of 3 year’s experience is required as there will be some elements of sole charge
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join the team. Career progression and advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate, with the potential for partnership in the practice also.
The practice is independently owned, with a strong close-knit environment. Established in 1985, by a well-known local animal-loving Vet.
The practice has a varied caseload, including working with breeders. Their an incredible and highly valued team, dedicated to ensuring high-quality veterinary care is administered. The team boosts a wealth of knowledge and experience. You will be working alongside a team of excellent Vets, and RVNS, who are passionate and dedicated to their profession, some at the practice for over 20 years.
Excellent state-of-the-art equipment in practice, including Ultra-Sound, Video Endoscope, Operating Microscope, two Diathermy systems, a Ventilator, and two separate Laser-based systems.
The practice is situated in York, a city full of historical culture, and vibrant nightlife, as well as being on the doorstep of the Yorkshire countryside, the dales, and the moors, ideal for outdoor activities. Lots on offer in this city for all interests.
What we offer:
- Salary £40,000 + depending on experience
- Regular salary reviews
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Multiple additional staff benefits
- Pension scheme
- Regular CPD and supported professional development/certificates
- Paid memberships RCVS
If you feel this vacancy is something of interest to you, we would love to hear from you.
Make an application:
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.