Vacancy: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon – Birmingham
- Salary £35,000 – £75,000 per annum. DOE
- Permanent, Full time (Part Time considered), 1:4 Saturday, No OOHs
- Experience and hours are flexible, whether you are a new graduate, an experienced vet, or looking for fewer hours per week.
VetFinders are proud to be working in partnership with a well-respected, independent practice in Birmingham to recruit a veterinary surgeon and join their hugely successful team.
A small animal practice that has been serving the local communities for over 50 years has two sites, one in Hodge Hill and a second surgery in Coleshill, both practices are well-equipped with a very friendly, supportive team.
The role and responsibilities:
- This role is being offered on a permanent contract, with full-time hours worked over 4 days per week. There is an opportunity for part-time applicants to be considered, as work-life balance is important to this practice, therefore flexibility is offered.
- The role doesn’t have any out-of-hours and you are expected to work 1 in 4 Saturday mornings on a rota.
- The ideal candidate will be someone who aims to deliver positive and comprehensive veterinary health care to the practice’s clients and their animals, whilst upholding and maintaining the high standards and expectations set by the practice.
- You will be qualified, hold RCVS accreditation, and have proof of your right to work in the UK.
- To be part of this inclusive team, you will be a team player, a naturally hard-working individual, and willing to offer support and advice to colleagues in delivering first-class veterinary care. Sharing ideas and thoughts on caseloads is encouraged.
- You will be confident and competent in all areas of consultations, surgeries, veterinary treatments, and procedures.
- You will also possess strong communication skills, plus empathy and compassion when required.
- As well as a very competitive salary, the benefits package offers, a pension scheme, 5 weeks of holidays per annum plus bank holidays, paid memberships (RCVS, VDS), generous CPD allowance annually, a signing up bonus (following probationary period) and even accommodation can be provided.
About the practice:
A close-knit friendly team who are always there to help each other is certainly something you will find immediately at this practice, as well as a wealth of knowledge and considerable experience. Currently, the team consists of 4.5 Vets, 4 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 3 VCAs, and supportive receptionists. Also associated with the practice are visiting certificate holders for orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.
With over 80 years of veterinary experience between the team, it encourages regular discussions over varied caseloads. This is a great environment to learn and develop, specifically dedicated one on one mentoring and coaching are available for new graduates.
A current employee Dr. Lauren Davies MRCVS, says “This practice has been a great place to begin and continue my career in veterinary medicine. The practice has provided a supportive and positive environment to develop professionally.”
The practice encourages certificates, regular CPD, and progression also. If you have a particular area of interest this will be supported. One area of veterinary practice they are enthusiastic about is dentistry, led by one of the partners who has wide experience in the field. Anyone looking to develop in this area would also be well supported.
A caring, kind, emphatic person is just as important to us as your experience, if you feel this is something of interest we would love to hear from you.
Make an application:
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it comes to your privacy, at VetFinders we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the client’s review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email regarding the vacancy, but your data is held and processed by your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.