Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Starting salary: £39,000 – £52,000+ DOE
New Graduate welcome and are supported
Location: Wangford, Suffolk
Job ref: 724
At Vetfinders we are partnered with Wangford Vets to help them grow and find their next hire. A new opportunity has arisen for a motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join this rapidly expanding, small animal practice in Suffolk.
Wangford vets is a long established, independent and award-winning practice near to the beautiful Suffolk coast. They pride themselves on client care and offer a personal and compassionate service to their loyal client base.
The wonderful day team consists of 7 experienced vets, 5 RVNs, 2 SVNs and 2 ACAs. They are an inclusive and friendly team with a strong ethos of looking after and supporting each other. They are proud to have an exceptional low staff turnover.
The practice is well equipped with a comprehensive internal lab, digital direct X-ray, dental X-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, K-laser, separate cat ward.
- The full-time vets work a 3–4-day week, although are happy to discuss part time and flexible working to find the right fit for you and the practice.
- 15-minute consults with lots of space in the diary for admin, work-ups and phone calls
- No overnight out-of-hours – They have their own dedicated in-house OOH team consisting of 3 vets and 3 RVNs, working on a 1:3 rotation which launched in October 2022
- Shared Saturday morning rota (1:4-1:5, 08.30-12.30)
- Opportunity to work weekend days for extra £££
- RCVS & VDS membership fees paid.
- CPD allowance
- Car/Fuel allowance
- Access to Private Healthcare – including Hearing, Dental and Optical cover
- Employee discounts.
- Up to 6 weeks holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid lunch breaks
As a multi-award-winning Independent Practice, they have enjoyed sustained growth over the last several years, culminating in the practice almost reaching its full capacity with clients as well as its team. The turnover of Team Members is extremely low, showing how content and dedicated the team is here. Recruitment is needed due to expansion of the practice.
They are fiercely independent and look to remain so indefinitely by continuing to show that each of their clients and their animals are all important to them. Consistency within the team gives their clients the confidence that their concerns are listened to, and that the animals are individually known and can be treated as such.
To continue giving the best service to as many people as possible, the practice opened its own dedicated “OUT OF HOURS” team in October 2022. This new service is also available to our neighbouring practices that have registered with us to use our OOH service.
This is a great chance to be involved in an independent practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you are trained to do.
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!