Role: Small Animal ECC Veterinary Surgeon (Days and Nights)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Hours: Permanent, Full time, 30 hours per week, 3 shifts per week between Thursday to Monday, every 4th weekend off.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience 50-70k euros per annum, pro rata.
Do you fancy being part of a team that provides the out of hours care to clients of over forty practices in Dublin and the surrounding area, 3 days per week? Recruiting now!
VetFinders are currently recruiting for Dublin’s Out of hours Emergency hospital, for ideally looking for a full time Veterinary Surgeons, with immediate effect.
Dublin is a vibrant city, with much to do. As Ireland’s Capital city it is Situated on a bay on the east coast, at the mouth of the River Liffey and offers culture, history and a famous night scene. This location has much to offer outside of work as well as in it.
· We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, OOH ECC Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient and client care.
· This is a permanent, full-time position. Hours: 30 hours per week on average, 3 shifts per week. 120 hours equivalent every 4 weeks. Days and nights dependent on rota. 1 in 4 weekend off.
· Due to this role being over 3 days per week, this offers fantastic work life balance, 4 days per week for you.
- Consistency of care is really important to the hospital; it supports over 50 practices in the local area, strong relationships with these practices are required.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in practice. All applications are considered. There is the opportunity for a Lead Vet role also for someone with more than 5 years
- Scope to follow your own interests, study for certificate encouraged and supported
- Variety of consults and surgeries.
- ECC work
- Referral back to practices, liaising with clients and practice staff – good communication and customer service is required.
- As Dublin is still part of the EU – all EU citizens have no restrictions, no sponsorship required, just registration needed.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- CPD encouraged and funded, both clinical and personal development 1500 Euros per annum, 2 days
- Further certificates encouraged and funded
- Very competitive salary based upon experience
· Holidays entitlement 20 days, pro rata, plus bank holidays
· VDS Cover fees paid
· Irish Vet Council registration fees paid
About the practice:
This hospital was established in 2003, they have a wealth of experience in providing emergency treatment and care to ill and injured pets around Dublin and the wider communities. Since opening their doors they have become very successful and well known for the service they provide.
Their service is offered all year round-nights, weekends and bank holidays, when pets need them most.
All and any treatments or investigations needed is carried out and then referred back to the registered practice the next working day.
The hospital works hand in hand with practices to ensure emergency treatment is the best in the market.
The current team comprises of a dedicated team of veterinary professionals, all currently with Certificates or working towards a certificate in their area of interest.
- VCI-accredited hospital
- Secure, accessible location
- Open 365 days a year (Please see opening hours below)
- Equipped with digital xray, ultrasound, lab, operating theatre, intensive care monitoring
- In-house canine blood bank
- Irish Vet Council registered and qualified
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, competence and confidence in your own ability
- Cheerful disposition and conscientious attitude to work
- Team player keen to develop your own skills as well as those of others
- Exceptional client and pet care, empathy and good communication skills
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regard to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.