Are you a Senior Veterinary Surgeon and not getting the best work life balance in your current role?
Are you working too many hours, with not enough breaks and having to cover more than 1 in 3 weekends?
Is this you? Getting frustrated? – you may not be looking but we are, we’re recruiting, and we could be the practice for you! Let us stand out from the crowd…!
Find out more below…
Job Type: Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: From £65-80k pa, Dependent on Experience
Hours: Permanent, average 34 hours per week, 1in 3 Saturdays mornings, no OOHs or Bank Holidays
Location: Winlaton, Gateshead
VetFinders are proud to work in partnership with this outstanding independent practice based in Gateshead. As a two-branch practice, there is an abundance of support and opportunity to develop and progress for the right candidate.
The practices are established and well respected in the local areas, this independent is proud to be a Vet GPD registered practice, that is working towards the RCVS practice standards scheme, as well as being a nurse training practice.
The role is located in Winlaton, Gateshead, but on the doorstep to the beautiful Northumberland Countryside, the North East Coast, and the vibrant city life of Newcastle and Durham.
This practice is offering a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Vet, to join their successful team of professionals, in what could be a leadership role. Flexible hours, better work life balance and protected breaks! Plus many more perks. Life is short but we have to love what we do! This practice understands this.
The Role and You:
This is a Senior, experienced Veterinary Surgeon role, and as such you will need a minimum of 5 years + post grad experience. Certificate holder are welcome to apply, and the support of CPD is encouraged.
Ideal candidates will have an interest and the ability to lead a clinical team, but this requirement is not essential.
This practice is a close-knit team, very supportive of each other, and they very much are looking for someone who wants to enjoy working as part of a close team and take the job, but not yourself, seriously. Attitude and work ethic is what they consider of highest importance and the rest will come.
- Varied case load, work scope from shoe string budgets to gold standard care
- Companion animal (some exotics thrown in for those that way inclined )
- 15-minute consults
- Average of 34 hours/week
- No late nights, OOH or bank holidays
- 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (2.5hr consult only shift)
- Protected free time, lots of breaks and free lunches to keep you going during shifts.
- We are very open to flexible / part-time working too and are happy to consider alternative working patterns.
- Everyone who works here is supported in their professional development.
- Succession within the practice is also a possibility if you’d like to put down roots.
- They have every toy you could think of (except endoscopy, Alicam is better!) And a fully comprehensive in-house lab for the impatient.
Self-confessed, and without wanting to mislead any applications, this practice says …
‘We are not an ordinary, normal practice, we are weird, and proudly so. We believe in coming to work and being the best that you can be at it, then going home and having a life outside of it also.’
They have a scope of experience from their 3.5 Vet team (recent graduate to Surgery Certificate holder), as well as a sister practice for support, and a close relationship with the nearby referral hospital.
Plenty of support, opportunities to share cases and bounce ideas around the team.
Benefits and Perks:
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Pension scheme
- Free professional mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited CPD budget
- Certificates fully funded, supported and encouraged
- Up to 5 weeks holiday
- Birthday off
- Staff loyalty bonuses
- Excellent support staff with designated receptionists so nurses are purely clinically focused
- Comprehensive facilities and equipment
- Flexible working pattern
- Excellent salary (65k-80k depending on capability)
- Staff discount
- Relocation package (up to £595pcm for first 3 months)
- Visas and sponsorship covered
Interested to learn more?
Be 1st … Apply now! Contact VetFinders today
VetFinders Supports Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.