SMALL ANIMAL VETS – if you want true work life balance and flexible hours keep reading…
Job Type: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: From £32 -60k pa, Dependent on Experience
Hours: Permanent, 40 hours per week, 4-day week, 1in 4 Saturday mornings only, no OOHs/ Sun or B/H’s
Location: Southport, Merseyside
VetFinders are proud to be working in partnership with this Eco friendly, green and sustainable independent practice.
As Veterinary Surgeon you will ideally be 2 years post graduate, hold RCVS in the UK, and be happy to join a small, successful and well-respected independent practice. Applications will be considered by new graduates, as the practice holds the Vet GDP qualification and can offer an abundance of support and development from a very experienced team.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity with approximately 40 hours per week available– including 1 in 2 Saturday mornings only. Part time applicants would also be considered. There is flexibility on the hours and working days, but 1 in 2 Saturday mornings is a must.
The role is in Small Animal only, first opinion and ideally they need someone who enjoys both consults and surgeries, although the practice could support a consult only Vet if this is of interest.
Excellent in-house facilities enable the practice to work cases up to a high level. Autonomy and clinical freedom are key in this role so that veterinary surgeons have the capacity to grow and develop particular interests.
This practice has long been established in the Southport area, the owner and Lead Vet Liz has been part of the practice for a number of years, taking over the practice herself in 2011.
The team are very experienced and supportive, small in numbers but large in hard work, dedication and perfecting a good work life balance. They pull together as a team and get through the tough days, no infighting just a strong team who want to do the best for patient and practice.
Based in Southport, in Merseyside, you are by the sea – with great facilities, not too far away. Great nightlife and culture and a great international network of transportation, in Liverpool and nearby Manchester. These are just added extras to how awesome this practice is, and we know life is just as important as work!
When asked what makes their practice stand out – Liz said..
- The team
- Work life balance as standard – not too long days, no late nights
- Green, eco friendly and sustainable
- Facilities that are of a good standard and improving each year, if we need something we get it.
- Above all – we deliver the best possible care to patients, and we will remain truly independent.
- Work life balance, flexible hours
- Saturday morning 9-1 on rota, 1 in 2
- No OOH, Sundays or bank holidays
- A varied case load, with clinical freedom
- A training and development plan, that’s supported as much or as little as you want
- Excellent facilities and a caring, experienced, friendly team to work with who are always there to help each other. They have windows in the consulting rooms also!
- If you are a vet that just wants to do consults or just do surgery this can be accommodated
- Competitive Salary £32k (New Grad) up to what your experience deserves.
- All the usual RCVS /VDS paid for
- CPD – no set amount – discussed and agreed
- Green and Sustainable building
In addition to the above, we are also happy to explore other remuneration alternatives that may better suit your needs, which we will be happy to discuss as our relationship develops.
Interested to know more? Contact VetFinders today!
VetFinders Supports Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.