Job Type: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Salary: From £23,000 pa DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Job ref: 554
Here at Vetfinders we are helping a practice grow now they have moved into their new digs. Due to this expansion, they have a new opportunity for a motivated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
If you are an individual who is commitment to developing and growing both yourself and the clients, then come and join an 100% small animal practice in Kettering
- Work Pattern: 4 or 5 days per week, part time roles can also be discussed
- Working Time Mon – Fri: 8 – 10 hr day shifts over 4 – 5 days
- Weekend rota of 1:8 Saturday & Sunday 12hr day shift. with time off after the weekend.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated RVN to join the team in delivering the highest quality of care to our clients and patients.
The list of jobs and skills is extensive, but the most significant areas are listed. The ideal candidate will be confident in the areas below:
- Carry out work in line with RCVS guidelines and seek advice if they feel these guidelines are being compromised
- Prepare animals for surgery and assisting veterinarians during surgical procedures. These responsibilities include monitoring patient status, anaesthesia and accurate record keeping
- Observe patients pre- and post-surgery and during more extensive periods of hospitalisation. These findings should be recorded on appropriate documents along with the time of medication administration
- Understand why commonly used drugs are chosen and ensure appropriate doses are being used
- Facilitate accurate billing of all surgical and medical patients alongside accurate recording of clinical information
- Possess a high capability in client communication, whilst seeking appropriate help in difficult circumstances. Nurses should be prepared to ask others to undertake difficult cases when appropriate
- Take full responsibility for their CPD and all other mandatory requirements of their continued nursing registration
This could suit a relatively newly qualified individual, as support is provided.
This practice provides excellence in all aspects of pet care. With many years of experience in the veterinary sector, the team has a genuine passion for animal health. They aspire to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient care.
- VDS & RCVS membership fees included
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Generous employee discount
- 5-day CPD allowance (more funding is available for relevant qualifications)
- 6 weeks annual holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Membership to 1 other professional body
- Healthshield scheme
- Discounted Pet Health Club
Come and join our wonderful team of passionate vets, nurses, support team and dedicated OOH service, all with varied interests. We promote a supportive and friendly work environment. We are an active training practice, supporting nurses and vets throughout their career progression and strongly encourage further development, with opportunities to advance within the company. Our team consists of 6 Vets, 7 RVN’s, 3 SVN’s & 3 VCA’s. Also not forgetting our excellent support & receptionists’ team.
Situated in the heart of Kettering, close to the A14, our practice is a stone’s throw from all this bustling market town has to offer. From local shops, pubs and restaurants to the museum and train station – which offers direct links to London, Nottingham, Leicester, and Derby in under an hour – all within walking distance from our brand new, purpose-built hospital.
What make them different…?
- We are a 24-hour forward-thinking hospital looking to build our team to the highest level possible.
- Our brand-new hospital recently opened in September 2021.
- We are well equipped with digital Xray, dental Xray, ultrasound (with a mobile unit that can be used at branches), flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopy and a CT scanner onsite.
This is a chance to be involved in a growing practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do
Be 1st … Apply now!
VetFinders Support Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders