Job Type: Student or Registered Veterinary Nurse
Location: Feltham, London
Salary: £7 to £9 phr for SVN – Negotiable for RVN
Hours: 4 Day Week, No OOH’s
Due to the rate of growth our client has seen in the last year an addition to the nursing team is now required. They imagine to keep growing and expanding. They would love a new member of staff to join their team who wants to grow their own skills within a well-supported practice.
- 4 Day Week – with a TOIL day
- 40 hours per week
- Hours: 8:30am – 7pm
- Saturdays: 9.00am – 1.30pm. Sunday: Emergencies Only.
- Some on-call on a rota basis for overnight patient care
Experience: Student Vet Nurse, Newly Qualified RVN
· Experience with handling a range of companion animals for consultations, injections and bloods. Previous experience working within a veterinary practice is required.
· Have strong understanding of the importance of hygiene/ cleaning within a practice and able to undertake these tasks.
· The nurse must be able to communicate effectively with all team members and clients with good spoken and written English.
· Able to work well within a team and can ask for help and support when needed.
· Experience with monitoring animals under general anaesthesia with support as needed.
Duties: Student Nurse
· To follow instruction and care plans closely and ask for support where needed.
· To communicate effectively with all team member at all times.
· To ensure all paper work is completed correctly and in live with al policies and procedures in place.
· To ensure all pricing up done prior to discharge and payment taken correctly.
· To keep good hygiene standards throughout the practice.
· To have some knowledge regarding insurances and ask senior staff for support.
· To collect medication dispensed by vets and ensure they are ready for client collection.
· To prepare theatre for procedures.
· To support with monitoring sedations and GA's.
· To carry out husbandry within the hospital.
· To give update to clients over the phone and face to face about their pets in our care.
· To use the practice management system in order to add history. email clinical history, produce estimates (with support) and book appointments.
· To communicate well with clients over the phone and in person.
· To run in house lab profiles.
*****COVID 19 PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE WITHIN THE PRACTICE*******
- RCVS fees paid
- Workplace pension
- CPD funded
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Interested? Apply now!
Vetfinders donate a minimum of 25% of all our profits back to animal & children’s charities.
To see exactly where this money goes visit www.vetfinders.co.uk/index.php/charity
Job ref: 1415
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and Good luck, VetFinders.