Are you a Service Engineer with sound mechanical knowledge?
Role: Service Engineer
Location: Haydock, Merseyside
Hours: Permanent, Monday to Friday, with some on call
Salary: Competitive, £35,000 per annum + depending on experience.
Our client offers engineering services to the Milling and Pelleting industries throughout the U.K. and due to sustained growth, they are currently seeking to employ a Service Engineer to join their wonderful team of professionals. This role will be based from Haydock, but some time will be a remote working, on the road.
As part of the Maintenance and Servicing Team, the candidate will hold an Engineering based qualification and have a sound mechanical knowledge with ideally, a minimum of two years relevant experience gained in a heavy industrial environment. Expertise in general mechanical maintenance is essential.
The Service Engineer will be based at their refurbishment facility but there will be a requirement to travel to other facilities throughout the U.K. occasionally. Mobility is key to this role with a flexibility to occasional weekend work when required.
The candidate will be required to:
- Provide general maintenance services to Animal feed and Biomass milling plants throughout the UK.
- Carry out refurbishment & upgrades of used equipment at our refurbishment facility
- Have a practical approach to fault finding together with a sound understanding of preventative maintenance is required.
- Attending customer sites with service personnel for completion of key equipment servicing, maintenance, and breakdowns.
- Identify opportunities to add additional value to customers by identifying capacity constraints and underperforming equipment, clearly communicating this to the customer and to our engineering and sales team colleagues for follow up.
- Ability to manage time and perform duties to strict customer driven deadlines.
- Successful applicants will be expected to work as part of a flexible, committed, self-motivated maintenance and servicing team
- Willingness to learn
- Can-do attitude
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Looking for opportunity to grow
- Good communication skills
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Vehicle provided
Candidates from a production/manufacturing background or an Agricultural or heavy plant fitting background would be of interest to our client.
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in= accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.