Amazing Opportunity for a Small Animal Vet – We offer Autonomy, Recognition & Appreciation!
Job Type: Veterinary Surgeon
Location: Bude, Cornwall
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs pw
Salary: £33,000 to £75,000, DoE
Job ref: 606
Here at Vetfinders we are helping practices find their next hire. Our client is looking for two small animal Veterinary Surgeons to join their growing team at their long established, independent, private practice in Bude, Cornwall.
We’re looking for two vets, who are experienced 100% small animal vets who are happy and confident with a mixture of cases.
The salary package we’re offering is £45,000 – £75,000 dependent on experience and specialisms.
Individual interests are keenly encouraged (up to Certificate level) with a generous CPD allowance and mentoring from Cardiology and General Surgery Certificate holders.
· RCVS registered and qualified
· Ideally 3+ years, small Animal Experience
· Possess the right to work in the UK
· Excellent communication skills
· Be a team player
Motivation to take your Vet School training to the next level
Desire to provide excellent care and tailored to your clients
A thirst for learning
Passionate about listening, caring and working collaboratively with clients and the team.
Baking skills are a bonus!
We have a strong team of six experienced vets and one recent graduate which provides an excellent environment for new or recent graduates to learn from our varied and busy case load.
We collaborate with Vetsure and the 'Grads to Vets Course' to give our new recruits the best start.
A typical salary package (including housing allowance or accommodation) for a new graduate would be £33,000, with a pay review scheduled after 6 months.
All applicants are encouraged to be passionate about listening, caring and working collaboratively with clients and the team.
This role is suitable for new grads as training and support is provided
- RCVS and VDS membership
- We are looking for someone with at least 1-3 years’ experience working in the UK.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Unlimited and encouraged CPD allowance, if beneficial to the practice
- Accommodation or allowance if preferred
- Pension Contributions
- Work vehicle
About the practice:
Tamar Vets is a rapidly growing Small Animal practice, based in Bude, on the beautiful North Cornwall coast. We offer our employees:
· Active involvement in the direction and development of the practice
· Autonomy to make day-to-day decisions to improve our practice protocols and client engagement.
· Continuity of patient and client care
· An alternative to the corporate ‘recipe’
Excellent client and patient standards of care are at the core of our approach. We also believe that pet care is more than just about caring. Truly caring is about being connected and strengthening the bond between the pet, its owner and you, its vet.
What makes us stand out:
· We respect, appreciate and value our team members.
· We know the importance of having autonomy – some control over your everyday working life.
· We are passionately independent, we manage our practice here, not in some remote head office.
· We believe Veterinary care is changing and that our role is to build the collaborative bond between our vets, our client’s and their pets. You can be an instrumental part in this journey.
· Partnership prospects are available to the right candidate, looking for a long-term non-corporate career path.
· The practice is a member of the Vetsure and VetDynamics communities and has an emphasis on a progressive approach to veterinary medicine with a healthy work-life balance.
This is a great chance to be involved in a growing practice surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do
Interested? So, be first. Apply now!
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders.