Job Type: Veterinary Surgeon
Salary: From £40,000 pa, Dependent on Experience
Hours: Full Time, flexible hours per week. No OOH’s
Location: Hengrove, Bristol
Job ref: 571
Vetfinders are helping a well-established group of practices find their next hires. One of their practices has a new opportunity for a motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
If you are an individual who is commitment to developing and growing both yourself and the clients, then come and join an 100% small animal practice in Bristol.
- No OOHs
- 37 hours, over 4 days pw with a 1:4 weekends rota
- Weekdays: 8:00am – 5:30pm or 11:00 – 20:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Weekends: 8:30am – 16:30pm (Saturday) 8:30am – 13:30pm (Sunday)
- Shifts will consist of a either Vaccines, consults or operations split between two early and two late shifts a week.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Vet to join the team in delivering the highest quality, 5* care to their clients and patients. They are a growing purpose-built practice with a fantastic and incredibly supportive team.
We have a 4 Vet team with a great nursing team, currently made up of 5 RVNs, 2 SVNs and 2 VCAs, but with an increase in client demand, we need more Vets & Nurses!
This group of practices provide excellence in all aspects of pet care. With many years of experience in the veterinary sector, the teams have a genuine passion for animal health. They aspire to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient care.
This could suit a relatively newly qualified individual, as support is provided.
- VDS & RCVS membership fees included
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Sick pay
- Generous employee discount
- £300 and 3 days CPD allowance (more funding available for relevant qualifications)
- 20 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Mental health awareness training
- The Vet – Values in Actions Awards;
- 5% Pension Contribution;
- Mindful Living Courses;
- Group Income Protection;
- Group Life Cover;
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet;
- Help@Hand Scheme;
- Free food Friday’s.
What make them different…?
- Team ethic – We make sure that our whole team can enjoy a great work life balance, we always put the wellbeing of our staff first and have worked hard on our recruitment over the past 6 months ensuring that we have the right team in place, we have a great team spirit with a brilliant can-do attitude.
- Day to day – We are a busy hospital setting practice, where no day is the same. The nurses here get a great amount of responsibility and are a valued part of the practice. It is important that the nurses get to explore their desired skill set, whether that be laboratory work, schedule three procedures or inpatient care and we actively encourage our nurses to further develop in these areas.
- Support team – We are lucky enough to have a great reception team and support from VCAs so nurses get to concentrate more on actual nursing!
- Our Culture – We have worked hard over the past 6 months in getting the “right” team members in, we make sure that everybody is given a voice no matter what position and that we operate not under a blame culture but a training and development one.
- The Practice – The main selling points are our bespoke facilities and the team itself, we pride ourself on having a very welcoming team with a great work culture and we encourage personal development.
Founded in Bristol 2013 by their Chief Product Officer, Jane Baldwin RVN, The Vet was born with the belief that veterinary healthcare should be made accessible to everyone. Over the past 6 years they have grown to 9 clinics across the UK with the latest clinic opening in Portsmouth 2018.
They want to do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. They believe in making a positive change to the pet health industry by offering their clients exceptional care and support, 7 days a week with fair and value pricing. Their team are available during the weekday, evenings and weekends with walk-in and appointments to suit your schedule.
This is a great chance to be involved in a group of practices surrounded by a motivated supportive team helping you to do the work you trained to do.
Be 1st … Apply now!
VetFinders Supports Blue Cross. ‘A dream job for you, a Blue Cross Nurse paid for too.’
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions, please contact us first, just let us know the job reference.
Thanks, and good luck, VetFinders