Work in NEW ZEALAND in an Independent Practice!
OOH Veterinary Surgeon
Salary discussed at interview, DOE
Job ref: 747
At Vetfinders we are helping a practice in New Zealand find their next hire. They have a new opportunity for a proactive, enthusiastic and experienced Vet to join their emergency team.
They are a long-standing privately owned team of people dedicated to caring for injured and unwell animals.
They follow a group of values that speak to their connection to animals; their internal collaboration and mutual support; connection with the community; and their desire to continue to do the best that they can.
Everything they do is about delivering exceptional care – together.
- 4 days on 4 days off
- 10 hours per shift
- 6 month working visa to perm applicants welcome
This independent practice provides excellence in all aspects of pet care.
You will be part of an exciting time with the practice, as they have expanded to three hospitals including their new purpose-built building in Auckland West
They have all the ‘toys’ to provide an excellent standard of care, including joint replacement, arthroscopy, intraoperative fluoroscopy and ligature as well as digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house CT and ready access to external MRI and PET CT
The practice aspires to create an environment that offers clinical excellence combined with first rate patient and client care. A minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred but will consider less for a candidate with the right character, ability, and positive attitude.
You must be confident and capable of carrying out surgical and medical procedures.
What they offer:
- A varied and interesting caseload from a diverse range of clients.
- A commitment to your training and ongoing development, with access to the external CE portal and regular in-house training sessions, plus generous CPD that also covers well-being and personal non-clinical development.
- Ongoing access, training, and communication with a great network of specialists (imaging, anaesthesia, surgery, medicine and physiotherapy).
- A large staff of nurses and administration support from a clinically and operational perspective.
- A thorough training and induction scheme for all new employees, so you are supported from the beginning.
- Work-life balance is very important, so they strive to give staff a regular, predictable roster with decent amount of time off.
- A generous hourly wage.
- Relocation assistance
- Support with immigration requirements.
Do you want to get back to enjoying the aspects of being a vet that you love? Come and join our forward-thinking vibrant practice.
- Be registrable with a NZ recognised Institution/Governing body
- Qualifications, Assessment and Examination Programmes for Registration as a Vet in NZ
- Possess the right/eligibility to work in the UK or NZ
- Compassion and empathy
- Effective decision-making ability
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- The ability to problem solve
You will be a part of the Veterinary Specialists Aotearoa (VSA) family. They have two established hospitals in Auckland and one in Christchurch with specialists in surgery, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, anaesthesia and physiotherapy. This role works in one of their two busy emergency practices based in Auckland. They are an experienced group, committed to providing the very best patient care with a strong culture of excellence, fun, dedicated support and collaboration.
A successful candidate will have an eye on the future – a future bright with opportunity working with a motivated and supportive team.
Get back to loving being a vet again!
Interested? Be 1st … Apply now!