Role: Experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Location: Colne, Lancashire
Hours: Permanent, Full Time, weekend rota 1.5 in 8, in house on call, 3-, 4- and 5-days working week on 8-week rota (less hours will be considered to give you your optimum work life balance)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience £36-55k per annum, pro rata.
Would you like to work for a multi award winning, well establish practice in Lancashire?
VetFinders are proud to support and act as the recruitment partner to this wonderfully and successful practice. This mixed practice seeks an experienced Small Animal vet with ideally 1 year plus experience – all levels will be considered.
We are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient and client care. This is a permanent, full-time position, flexibility for work life balance is supported.
- Working in 100% small animal
- Continuity of care is really important to the practice
- Established base of very loyal clients to build on, with well established practice, offering job security
- 15 Minute consults
- Scope to follow your own interests, study for certificate encouraged and supported
- First opinion practice providing a good variety of consults and surgeries
- Sole charge will be required; hence an experienced vet is preferable.
In House on Call Rota:
The loyal clients appreciate the in-house out of hours service but the practice ensures on call is kept to a minimum and vets have the following 24 hours off after being on call. Accommodation is available onsite, if preferred.
All on call working is supported by an RVN, who is onsite and working all night.
Providing in-house OOH care not only gives our clients a better service, but also increases case exposure to our vets. Thus allowing them to build experience and confidence in dealing with emergency and critical care patients.
- Week-end OOH rota is approximately 1.5 in 8 with generous time off in-lieu given:
On-call Friday / Work Saturday morning only / Sunday on call
(Monday & Tuesday off in-lieu)
(With a Friday off in-lieu)
Followed by 6 week-ends off
- On call 1 night every other week with the following day off
- The rota is on a continuous 8-week cycle allowing you to plan your life ahead. We have an OOH telephone answering service so you will not be taking calls directly. Recent graduates will be given veterinary back-up OOH. There is CCTV so you can remotely keep an eye on inpatients.
- For those who prefer to stay at the practice / live further than a 20 min drive to work, there is a lovely, comfortable on call flat.
- Full time vets involved in the out of hour’s service do work a variation of 3-, 4- and 5-day weeks throughout the 8-week rolling rota.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Generous CPD allowance and certificates are encouraged.
- 33 days of per annum increasing by 1 day every 3 years until you have 38 days holiday per annum pro rata and including bank holidays
- You will be enrolled on to Westfield Healthcare which is a cash back plan and contributes to dentist, opticians, physio and much more.
- You will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- You can join our corporate gym membership for only £22.50 a month
- Pets are treated at cost (within reason)
- For those of you who love to travel / wish to spend extra time with the family, we offer a holiday buy back so you could have some extra weeks holidays off.
About the practice:
This award-winning practice was established in 1911 at their current site in Colne in Lancashire.
They are mixed first opinion practice, running a Farm and Equine Department and Companion Animal Department totally separately. The practice has 3 clinical directors and 78 loyal, professional and hardworking staff. The team is expanding as the work load has grown significantly.
- With 3 Companion Animal surgeries in Colne, Barnoldswick and Burnley. You will only work between 2 surgeries to help maintain case continuity.
- You will enjoy the support of a well experienced team of excellent and dedicated vets, nurses and receptionists.
- Cat friendly practice
- New graduate Development program
- RCVS Accredited and a Nurse training centre
- Supportive environment to grow and develop
- The practice has won various awards: including employer of the year award, the head nurse has won nurse trainer of the year, they have been highly commended in the SPVS wellbeing awards and have won a BVH awards for their innovative restoration of a period property
- Recently become a member of the Vetpartners group which offers extended support and benefits – there are no sales targets to achieve
Facilities and Equipment:
The main site has undergone extensive refurbishments, with state-of-the-art equipment in beautiful surroundings.
These facilities allow for good case work up and include a state-of-the-art DR digital x-ray machine with cloud-based image storage, ECG, flexible endoscope, ultrasound scanner, tonometer, infusion pumps and a well-equipped lab including an electrolyte analyser.
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm, competence and confidence in your own ability
- Team player keen to develop your own skills as well as those of others
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VetFinders.
Please Note: When it comes to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regard to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.