Location: Hungtingdon – Cambridgeshire
Salary: £19-24,600 DOE
Hours: Full time
Job ref: 4439
Our client has an opportunity for a Dispensary Assistant to join their first opinion hospital based in Huntingdon. The ideal candidate will have a professional manner, be enthusiastic with a positive attitude. Pay attention to detail, have the ability to use initiative.
You will be competent with windows-based software and have general computer skills. There may be travel to other branches therefore you will need a full driving licence
The Role: Under the direct supervision of the Veterinary Surgeon, dispense medications as per RCVS and Practice protocols. Maintaining all areas of dispensary; including ordering of drugs and consumables, sourcing new drugs, stock rotation and control. Complete regular stock takes.
Dispensary assistant serves as a supporting member of the practice team. Teamwork is essential to ensure the smooth running of the practice. High standards of stock management and premises management are to be maintained at all times. It will be necessary to accept instruction from veterinary surgeons, nurses and members of management as well as working on your own initiative.
- As dispensary assistant, you will take a full and active role within the practice and take ownership of the dispensary area, ensuring its cleanliness at all times. You will be expected to work closely with all staff to ensure an efficient service is offered to clients.
- Ensure that the highest standard of care is provided 100% of the time to 100% of patients.
- Provide an efficient, courteous, and helpful service to all clients, suppliers and external contacts, under all conditions at all times.
- To demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
- Liaise between all teams within the practice to ensure effective lines of communication at all time
- Promote services, employees and products, both in and out of the practice at all times.
- Understand and implement practice and group policies.
- To ensure the practice presents a professional image at all times, reflected by the consistently high standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain accurate client and patient records.
Hours – 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm. (Will need to work some weekend hours as required)
*****COVID 19 PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE WITHIN THE PRACTICE*******
The practice is purpose built with state of the art equipment.
If interested in joining this friendly team please apply now.
Vetfinders donate a minimum of 25% of all our profits back to animal & children’s charities.
To see exactly where this money goes visit www.vetfinders.co.uk/index.php/charity
Job ref: 4439
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.